Attention Deficit Disorder and impaired Executive Functioning (EF) affects approximately eight million adults in the U.S.-and it does not discriminate. It impacts the lives of women and men in every race and culture.
Roya’s cross-cultural, multidisciplinary approach to Executive Function coaching has changed the lives of thousands of people. Her experience in this area has led her to strongly believe that coaching is one of the most effective ways to treat adults with Executive Functioning Disorder. She is dedicated to helping you cut through the clutter and overcome the obstacles in your life.
How Does Business Coaching Work?
Roya’s coaching strategy is similar to all coaching in that it addresses the specific challenges faced by the person being coached. Together you and she will:
- Understand strengths and weaknesses
- Set realistic and customized goals
- Develop tools that create order out of chaos
- Create strategies to help you achieve your full potential
- Develop new habits to make positive, lasting changes
How Do I Know If I Have Executive Functioning issues?
In Roya’s experience, adults with impaired Executive Functioning generally have difficulties with a combination of some of the following problem areas:
- Task completion
- Managing daily responsibilities
- Staying organized
- Time management
- Focusing on one topic at a time in conversation
- Being easily distracted
- Having relationship problems with family members, friends, employers, and coworkers
- Constantly feeling overwhelmed
- Forgetting appointments and other plans
- Being unable to prioritize tasks
- Having difficulty concentrating on any one task over a long period of time
- Not being able to achieve their full potential
Does This Sound Familiar?
Your boss gives you an assignment that is due in one week. You find it difficult to get started on it that day. You tell yourself you’ll do it tomorrow. Tomorrow becomes the next day and then the day after that, and so on.
Every time you start to work on the project you get distracted by the simplest things, such as an email from a friend, people walking on the street outside your office, etc. As the deadline approaches you become more and more anxious about finishing the assignment.
Finally, when the week is up, you’ve barely made a dent in the project. You get in an argument with your boss over the amount of time he or she gave you to complete it.
Executive Function Coaching Can Help!
As your coach Roya will:
- Work with you to identify the changes you want to make
- Help you align your thoughts and actions
- Hold you accountable for your goals
- Support you as you grow, take actions, and reach your full potential
- Teach you about time management and organizational tools
- Help you create structure in your life
- Teach you practical techniques for maintaining focus
- Be available to answer questions and provide feedback, encouragement, and recommendations as the coaching process develops
- Help you break old habits and create new, productive behaviors
- Develop strategies to maximize your abilities and create lasting change
- Help you develop the skills to achieve your personal and professional aspirations
Roya’s main focus is to work with you to master the specific challenges that keep you from attaining positive results in your business and achieving balance in your life. Ultimately, her goals are the same as yours. You will both work hard to enable you to be successful and fulfill your potential.